jueves, enero 18, 2007

Muang Sing

Trekking in Northern Laos...

Akha Village on the top of the mountain where we spent the night

There is not so much tourism here... the villages I visited are very authentic... and untouched. We spent the night in an Akha village... these people have their own language, meaning thay don't even speak Lao! there are like 50 different tribes in Laos and almost 30% of the population doesn't speak the country's official language. The trekking was not very hard, only two days... first day going up second day going down... great landscapes... and a little bit annoying group (specially the Italian woman with the british accent!!!... worse than the roasters in the morning!).

Tomorrow I have another bus day... [I feel like in Laos, have of my time is spent in a bus]... heading to Nong Khiaw... but there are no direct buses so I will have to go to a city 4 hours away from here and then hope I make it for the bus to Nong Khiaw. I will keep you posted.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anónimo said...

Hola
En que idioma te entiendes con los Laos? ........me imagino la comida buena.......nosotros siguiendote dia por día.......Cuidate....Bisous

8:03 p. m.  
Anonymous Anónimo said...

On Tas............si lees esto es porque tienes como enviar un email....asi que.........on tas
bisous

9:11 p. m.  
Anonymous Anónimo said...

Hi Andre,

Glad you are still enjoying your trip. I have never been to Laos. Sounds great. I was also glad to here that the annoying woman was not United Statesian bringing embarrasment to all people here! That is usually the case! Take care, Jamie B

12:07 a. m.  

Publicar un comentario

<< Home