miércoles, diciembre 06, 2006

Banares

Coming to Varanassi is like coming to India... at first glance it is HORRIBLE, but then you start getting used to it and you find it exciting and extraordinary.

The way to Varanassi...

Left Kajuraho at 3pm. the bus was just like the one from ORcha to Kajuraho (meaning... packed... smelly and uncorfortable). Four hours, being in a bus full of Indian people is like being ET, everybody looks at you... no disimuladamente... no no no... te miran fijamente y te analizan como diciendo, que raro este blanco!. at 7pm we arrived to Satna walked to the train station, again, walking in an Indian city is not like walking in Las Ramblas, is about ducking all kinds of animals, vehicles, people, everybody saying helo, helo my friend, helo. (by now... after three weeks in India, yes, I am a son of a bitch, I don't wanna talk to you, I don't wanna be your friend , sorry , I just wanna get to the fucking train station!!!!).
We get to the station and we find the Tourist Office... HEaven!... the guy that works there welcomes us with his eyes wide open... I am gonna rip off these guys! (actually, 99.99999% of Indian look at tourists like that). The train would leave at midnight so we had a long wait. HE offers us everything from chains to attach our bags in the train, to food. He shows us a menu of a really fancy restaurant and of course brings the food from the corner nasty joint (so... well.. we payed 5 times more for sitting in the tourist office, away from the crowds...).
Train arrives, we had sleeper class, everybody was sleeping, the train was FULL, and there were 3 people sleeping in my sleeper!!!! I try to wake them up ... they do , but after coursing me in Hindi they continue to sleep... mmm... fortunatelly two Indian guys who spoke english helped us and woke the guys up and finally I could sleep, hugging my backpack... and 8 hours later we were in the Holy Shiva's city of Banares!

Varanassi (Banares) is the dirtiest city I have ever been in my life... it is like a zoo where you can find: cows, goats, ducks, buffalos, dogs, mice, tons of cow shit all over, and people performing all kinds of rituals and doing all kinds of things. It is unbelievable... really amazing... and as I said, once you get use to it, to its small streets... you really enjoy it.
I have three more days here and then going to Bodhgaya, the place where Budda was iluminated (hopefully I will be too...)

From then maybe I will take some days of vacation in Thailand... I deserve it, India is too stresfull hahaha...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anónimo said...

Impresionados por la descripción que haces.....la verdad debe ser......ALUCINANTE.......y....la comida Thai es buenisima.
Bisous

8:46 p. m.  

Publicar un comentario

<< Home